The Maltings, Mittagong
The Maltings is a unique heritage-listed brewhouse from the 1900s, Ironbuilt Infrastructure was engaged as principal contractor to complete all remediation work, civil construction and property improvement. The site had been leftover 20 years to dilapidate and required a high amount of care and precision to bring it back to its former glory.
The scope included:
- 800LM of chain wire fencing supply and install.
- Over 10 hectares of site cleaning including tree management, over 900m3 of rubbish removal
- Contaminated Material management and removal
- Illegal disposal management, sieving and sorting over 6000t
- Small Bridge refurbishments
- Creek rehabilitation
- Internal Demolition
Bundanoon Wastewater Pumping Station
During the project, numerous challenges have been encountered and successfully and safely overcome. One of the most challenging aspects of the project was the deep excavation of the overflow tank. Following the excavation, preparation of the subbase & slab was needed before the tank could be installed by our specialist contractor.
Once the tank was installed, we were required to install install PVC pipes to link the new tank to the mains we well as back fill & compact around the tank to ensure it was submerged safely. Ironbuilt went above and beyond to ensure all high-risk tasks are being completed safely & successfully.